Activities near The Quarry Stone
Halfway between Cedar Point and Cleveland, we have so many places to recommend! Are you a couple looking for an Ohio getaway? With our convenient location, we find that many of our guests love how close to Sandusky, Oberlin, and Cleveland we are. Looking for arts and history? Oberlin is a must-see.
Just West of us
- Cedar Point
- Known as “America’s Roller Coast”, Cedar Point features a world-record 72 rides, including 16 roller coasters which ties it with Canada’s Wonderland for the second-most roller coasters in an amusement park behind Six Flags Magic Mountain. Its newest roller coaster, GateKeeper, opened in May 2013.
- Sandusky Bay
- Nestled between Toledo and Cleveland, Sandusky is a great family vacation destination filled with entertainment, major attractions, and history. Whether you’re looking for exciting roller coasters or relaxing lake breezes, Sandusky has fun for the whole family.
- Kalahari Resorts
- The Kalahari Resort and Convention Center is a water park resort chain with locations in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin and Sandusky, Ohio. At 173,000 square feet, the indoor water park at Kalahari’s Ohio resort is the largest in the United States.
- Zipline Canopy Tours
- Common Ground Canopy Tour is the first Thrilling Treetop Adventure in Northeast Ohio. It’s variety of zip lines, aerial bridges, stairways and platforms.
East of us
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is a museum located on the shore of Lake Erie in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, United States. It is dedicated to archiving the history of some of the best-known and most influential artists, producers, engineers and others who have, in some major way, influenced the music industry. It is part of the city’s redeveloped North Coast Harbor.
- Cleveland Zoo
- The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo was founded in 1882. It is one of the most popular year-round attractions in Northeast Ohio; by attendance, the Cleveland Indians were the most popular attraction in Northeast Ohio in 2007 with a total attendance of over 2.2 million. The Zoo announced that more than 1.2 million people visited in 2007, marking a 2% rise in attendance from 2006.
- Great Lakes Science Center
- The Great Lakes Science Center is a museum and educational facility in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, United States. Many of the exhibits document the features of the natural environment in the Great Lakes region of the United States. The facility includes signature (permanent) and traveling exhibits, meeting space, a cafe, and an Omnimax theater.
- Playhouse Square
- Playhouse Square, is the Cleveland Theater District in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, the largest performing arts center in the United States outside of New York. Improvements to the Playhouse Square neighborhood – including a digital signage network, upgrades to U.S. Bank Plaza, a retro signage feature and the GE Chandelier, the world’s largest outdoor chandelier, located above the intersection of Euclid Avenue and East 14th Street – were completed between April 2013 and April 2014